According to Apple: Here are some of the new benefits of upgrading to iOS 9:
- Power Saving Mode – The battery color in the top right corner turns yellow, indicating it is reducing power consumption until you can fully charge your phone. Mail fetch, background app refresh, auto downloads, and some visual effects are reduced or turned off
- Facetime & Video can be used Simultaneously on iPad– Picture in Picture and Slide Over multitasking features are available on the iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 2, and iPad mini 3. Split View multitasking is limited to the iPad Air 2, which has a more powerful processor that can handle two apps at once.
- Smarter Siri– She or He is now watching your every move. Stalker Siri. Based on actions you do repeatedly, for example, if you listen to music every morning when you go for a run, siri may open up the music app when you plug in your headphones. (creepy right?)
- Scribbling Function in Notes– YES!! Because who doesn’t like to scribble? But honestly I do like this feature because I remember things better when they are handwritten than when they are typed.
- Improved Apple Maps with transit directions– Great for those who ride the bus!
- Also One major bonus- This time the space that it takes up for this update is only 1.3GB as opposed to the 4.6GB we had before. Way to go Apple!
- Only thing I didn’t like…. why did you have to switch all the apps over to the left when I double click? It feels so wrong!